Bike Love

Ride with abandon... and listen to Bike Love on 2SER 107.3fm at 5pm Monday and 10.30am on Wednesday

03 August 2006

4th August - Pedapod


Exciting news for Sydney... we have our own fleet of bicycle taxi's! Somewhat more advanced than a rickshaw, these are a new breed of 21st century green taxi's. Manly council look interested in putting in 8 Pedapods in their neck of the woods. Fares for a taxi ride in the CBD is around $7... not bad for the feel of the wind in your hair. The Pedapod team are pretty excited about their new venture and if you fancy a refreshing taxi ride you can meet them around Circular Quay, Martin Place or Wynyard Park.

Download the MP3

7 Comments:

  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger J said…

    Many thanks Jo, you did a great job.

     
  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger JM said…

    very cool.

    I'm a pedicab driver in Oklahoma City in the USA, so I'm glad to see y'all have them in Sydney now. Pedicabs are such a fun way to travel (and for drivers, a great way to make a living).

    James
    www.jmbzine.com - www.jmbranum.com

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger J said…

    I agree James, there are many benefits to providing some form of pedal-powered passenger service in cities. We are getting great feedback from people in Sydney and Melbourne about the service, but we are finding it really hard to find, and keep, good riders.

     
  • At 12:20 AM, Blogger Tuco said…

    Wow! Unicycles and pedapods!! You australians are having way too much fun down there!!! : )

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Caff said…

    I was a driver of one of these for CityBike in Melbourne. Heaps of fun! Don't know if they're doing so well though... I don't see them much. It is not legal for drivers to officially charge fares, but they can accept tips - hopefully generous ones! It can be hard work.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Ruben said…

    I wish I lived in Sydney sounds like a great job, Yehuda Moon would approve!

     
  • At 1:22 AM, Blogger Luisa said…

    I would like to buy one of these taxi bikes. I am helping to build a toy car sculpture the size of a real car for an art project which is due soon. Please let me know how I can get one of your bikes.

    Email me on: luisa@atthevanishingpoint.com.au

    Our website:
    atthevanishingpoint.com.au

    Luisa Velasco

     

Post a Comment

<< Home